Thursday, February 16, 2012

January Anything Goes Swap to Jo

Happy Thursday!!! Hope your week is whizzing by as we head into a LONG weekend. YAY!!!

Before February is over, I want to share this cheery and flowery card I made for my January card swap partner, Jo over in England. Oh dear, I think the postal service must be short-handed as it too 5 weeks to get to her. I'm just happy she received it.

When I saw the flower pot Spellbinder dies at Island Scrapbooking (IS), I knew I had to add it to my collection. It comes in various sizes....so cool yah? And me being a lover of dots, couldn't resist the DP by Reminisce, also from IS. Ohh, and rummaged thru my DPs and found a coordinating stripe DP by Stampin' Up. To add focus on the "smiley flowers" I added the circle and large scallop die cuts by Spellbinder.


Other supplies: Flower punch by Marvy, Distress Ink, leaf punch by Martha Stewart, smile stickers (sorry, I tossed the label), bee brad by Eyelit Outlet, ribbon by Offray, and black Dew Drops (RAK).


If you're interested in joining he swap, click here for the deets on Shirl's blog.


Thanks for stopping by and have a happy and crafy evening.

12 comments:

Leanne said...

Aw, what a terrific card! I'm sure it was worth the wait! Love the colors and the cute smiley faces on the flowers. Sure to bring a smile to Jo in England.
Happy Friday!
;)

Cyndi said...

beautiful card! the flowers are so cute with their smiles!

coops said...

gorgeous card karen.i love the brght sunshine colours and fab happy flowers ;D

xx coops xx

Linda said...

Sweet card girly! Very cheery, especially love the little smiles you added!

Linda . J said...

Love the card Karen and your right the die is a must have, going on my new list now lol. Love the colour combo too.
Hugs Linda

Creations by Shirl said...

I'm sure this card made Jo smile :)!!

Anonymous said...

Love the happy flowers. Bet you brought a lot of sunshine to your faraway friend!

Colleen said...

What a fun card Karen. Love all the detail that you put in it. I never new that spellbinder had a flower pot. I will definitely have to keep an eye our for it. Have a fun, long weekend! I hope that you'll have a chance to do some crafting.

Cely said...

soooo cute! the flowers are so happy! lol! and i like the sponging you did on their petals too!

Melody said...

Love the smiley flowers!!

Unknown said...

Awww this is so cute Karen, what a fun card, so very sweet xxx

Tracy said...

Your card is adorable.
They are happy, cute little flowers :)