Sunday, February 12, 2012

Favors for Annual Installation Dinner

Happy Sunday Peeps! Hope you're all having a fab weekend and getting in a LOT of crafting time.

Yesterday was a great day as I went to the doc to get my cholesterol blood test result and was thrilled and surprised that it's down to 134. Woo-hoo, that's great news especially since it was up to about 249 a few years ago. Although I'm taking a low-dose med., I guess it also helps to try an eat healthy....no chicken skin, no egg yolks, read the nutrition labels, etc. My hubby thinks eating scrambled egg whites is "gross." LOL, ha-ha-ha. I still cheat a little once in a while though. :-)

The FCE (Family and Community Education) club that I recently left was so sweet and invited me to their annual Installation Dinner at Nihon Restaurant which was last night. Everyone brought a $10.00 grab bag and some prizes for some FUN games. And also shared some goodies / favors with each other.

There's a lot of pix to share from last night (plus I have a couple of Valentine's Day cards) so I decided to post them throughout the week. Otherwise, this post would be too L-O-N-G. Today, I'll share the favor I made using the Sizzix "Box Shaker" die.

Here are the leaves and flowers punched out. The leaf punch is by Punch Bunch and I distressed the edges of each leaf a bit. Can you see that???? The red flowers are from a Marvy punch and the yellow ones by EK. Hey, I thought I sold that punch for the yellow flowers so I bought another only to find my original punch hiding in the corner of my organizer. Oh well, now I have a back-up. LOL


I inked up Fairy Princess by TGF with Copics and gave their wings some sparkle with Stickles.




And here they are ready to affix to the box. If you enlarge the photo, you may be able to see that I lifted the petals of the yellow flowers to give it dimension. I also ran carpet thread in the button holes using carpet thread. These itty bitty buttons were purchased at Walmart.






This is the container of YUMMY individually-wrapped cookies from Costco.




Since 4 cookies in the individual plastic wrap wouldn't fit into the box, I removed them and put them in the 3" x 3" plastic "Ziploc" type bag and thank goodness it fit perfectly. You can't see it but there is a clear plastic taped to the back of the window opening which I cut using my Spellbinder die. Ohhh, I thought it was gonna crack my Hot Shot cutting pad as it's a bit thick. Eeee yikes. The Clear Plastic Sheets is by Paper Accents.





And WALA, here are the finished favors with the sheer-dotted ribbon (no brand name) to keep the flap closed. WHEW!!! When I first started making these, I didn't realize how much time it would take. Talk about craft-burnout...hee-hee, but I was HAPPY with the results.




Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend and thank you for popping in for a visit. Hugs!!!


10 comments:

Cyndi said...

Fabulous favor boxes! Great image and colors! Came out beautiful!

Lynn said...

Golly, you've been working hard! Great treat boxes....so pretty!

catherine said...

Great news about your test results. you have been busy with your crafting but they look fab. have a nice week
x catherine

Leanne said...

Beautiful work Karen. I know they will enjoy them immensely.
Have a fabulous week and looking forward to your posts this week and all the fun pictures.
;)

Shirley N said...

Beautiful favor boxes, Karen, they are definitely a "treat" in every sense of the word!

coops said...

these are stunning karen.i love the sweet image and pretty colours :D
great news on your cholestorol results.i am waiting to be tested again as mine is high.

xx coops xx

Mary Marsh said...

wow these are great favors-I hear you about underestimating time for crafting- i do it all the time
alos a BIG congrats on your cholesterol #-keep up the good work

Tracy said...

These are adorable, a lot of work but so worth it.
I have that cute stamp set as well.
I am also missing one of my tiny punches....the craft room fairies like to hide our things don't they, lol.

Colleen said...

The favors that you made are awesome! You did an A+ job on them. :) I am sure that everyone loved them and enjoyed the cookies. BTW, so happy that your test results are good. It's hard not to eat the best parts of different foods sometimes- like the chicken skin.

Mimi said...

oh WOW! you color and CUT out all those fairies?!! the favor boxes came out so cute Karen! i'm sure they will all love them! ;D