Sunday, February 5, 2012

Baby Shower Invitations

Hello Peeps! Hope you're enjoying the weekend. Is anyone watching the Super Bowl today? Just 30 minutes from kickoff so I'll try to get this posted quick then get the grinds out before our son and his girlfriend arrive to for big game. He gets off work in a couple of minutes and I bet he's been looking at his wristwatch a million times throughout his shift. LOL.

Just want to share the inspiration I experienced when I attended our cousin's wife's funeral yesterday. In January 1999, at the age of 38, she was diagnosed with breast cancer and fought with an unbelievable positive outlook on life and tremendous perseverance through adversity. She did not allow cancer to run her life and touched the lives of many, including those facing the same challenges as she. We all face various challenges throughout our lives and I was so touched by her strength and courage. A scholarship was also set up in her name. What a wonderful tribute to her. So please get your mammogram ladies and take care of yourselves.

On with the invitations. Using my Sizzix "Card, A2 flap" die, I made some invitations for a baby shower. Keeping it "neutral" since it wasn't definite if the mother-to-be would have a girl or boy, I used a few different CS from my K & Company stack. The bear image is an oldie but goodie from my stash which I thought was perfect in size and just the fact the the bear was holding an umbrella fits the baby "shower" event.

Here's a yellow one with green dots....





...and one with multi-colored dots....

....and stripes...





...and larger dots....







Here's a peek inside....







and here's all 12 of them.







Other supplies: Spellbinder dies, Copic Markers, Distress Ink, and punch by EK.



Oh, it's almost time for kick off. I better get out the grinds. Which team are you football fans cheering for? We have Giant fans in our household.



Have a happy Super Bowl Sunday and thanks for popping in for a visit.

7 comments:

Danni said...

Enjoy the game! I'm crafting the day away..hehe!
Very cute baby shower invites!!

Nadine said...

The invites are adorable! Love how that you have a variety of them!

Im sorry to hear about your cousin's wife. Cancer is terrible and takes so many way too young. My condolences to you and your family. She must have indeed been a wonderful inspiration for you!

Lynn said...

That's neat how you used the basic layout and varied the dotted paper. They all look wonderful.

Colleen said...

I hope that you and your family had a good time watching the game today. My hubby and I aren't into sports at all so we did not watch the game today. You did a great job with the baby shower invites. They look like so much work with so many parts. How many did you have to make? Did you make them assembly line style? I'm so sorry about your cousin's wife. It's awesome that despite her having cancer that she was able to touch so many lives.

catherine said...

I'm sorry for your loss recently.
Your baby shower cards are just gorgeous and so creative.
Hope your team were lucky with the game and you enjoyed watching it
x catherine

Cyndi said...

those are such great invitations! love how it opens up! sorry to hear about your cousin's wife.

SuiLan said...

Wonderful job on all those cute invitations!

Sorry to hear about your sweet loved one. She sounded like such a wonderful person.