Friday, April 29, 2011
Did you watch the Royal Wedding today? OMG, what a fabulous wedding. Kate and William looked so stunning. I loved her gown because it wasn't "over-the-top." Did you see that part where William put the ring on Kate's finger. Ohhh, for a moment I thought the ring was too small. He must've been panicking inside. :-) And what kind of cars did they ride in....sure don't see any of those in Hilo. LOL.
I've been wanting to make a card using my "rain" paper and thought April would be the perfect month for it....though tomorrow is the last day. So I had to whip this one up FAST. I don't have an umbrella die so I created my own using the circle die placing it over part of the paper, then using my scallop punch for the rim. The puddles of water is just white paper I cut out in different shapes, then colored it with a light shade of blue (Copic), and put a couple of Stickle lines to give it a shimmer. I like to use my "doggie" stamp wherever I can because it reminds me of our crazy pooch, Buddy.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
If you wish to enter this fun challenge, hop over to Lollipop Crafts for the deets.
'kay, it time to hit the sack. Nighty night.
Monday, April 25, 2011
Anyhoo, here's the card that I made for Mom. Got part of the idea while blog hopping.
Butterfly Nora stamp by CC Design
Log stamp by Crafter's Lounge
Sentiment by Inkadinkado
Grass stamp by VIVA Las Vegasstamp (I think... :-))
Embossing folder by Sizzix
Leaf and lace punch by EK
Flower punch (??)
Tiny litty yellow pompoms
Neon Pink Embossing Powder by Zing
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Unfortunately, I haven't received an email from the winner that was randomly drawn on 4/21/11. The deadline was 10:00 p.m. HST tonight (4/24/11).
Therefore, I asked my son to pull another name at random. The lucky winner is....... KRIS. Please send me an email by Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 10:00 p.m. (HST). If I do not receive an email by then, another name will be drawn at random.
Hope you all have a GRRREEEAT week.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Hope you're all enjoying the LONG weekend.
Oooohhhhh, my friend Faye, took me to New China Restaurant for a b/d lunch. We practically starved ourselves all morning so we could stuff our tummys at the buffet. We both managed to go 2 rounds. It was so "deelish" we plan to go again in a couple of months. Until then, I'll dream about the "ono" grinds.
Tomorrow being Easter, I thought I'd better hurry and share with you pictures of my 4 adopted bunnies. Meet Bright Eyes, Hoppy, Cottonball, and Fuzzy. We went candy shopping together today.
This evening they helped me make an Easter basket. Silly rabbits, just couldn't stay out of the basket.
Hope you all have a wonderful Easter.
SEE BELOW FOR WINNER OF MY INSPIRATION CANDY.
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Happy Thursday Everyone. YAY.....LONG WEEKEND UP AHEAD. Hope tomorrow is a holiday for you too. :-)
Thank you very much for entering for a chance to win my Inspiration Candy giveaway.
My hubby picked the winner at random and the winner is........JANJAN808KREATE. Please send me an email at email@example.com with your mailing address by Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 10:00 p.m. (HST). If I don't receive an email by then, another name will be drawn at random.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A HAPPY EASTER.
Thanks again and Have A Scrap Happy Day!
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Gotta say, I'm having a lot of fun with the Lollipop Crafts Challenges. And this one especially because all I need to do is follow the "sketch." I LOVE it....no need to hammer my brain thinking about my layout....biggest challenge for me....LOL. Deadline is this Saturday at 8:00 PST. There's still a lot of time so hop over for the deets.
So here's my entry for this week's Challenge #35. I love chocolate so I chose brown to go with my Banana Split.
HAPPY Thursday.....YAY long weekend coming up.....more time to play with my stamps and stuff.
Supplies: Banana Split and sentiment stamps by Craft Lounge, Spellbinder dies, paper by Stampin' Up, punch by Martha Stewart, Copic markers, Distress Ink, ribbon, pearls by Kaiser Crafts.
- This candy is now closed.
- Oh silly me.....I just received a book order in the mail and realized that I now have 2 "Novelty Cards" books. So I'm adding one to my previously posted candy. It's filled with over 35 easy-to-make cards with step-by-step instructions in COLOR. You can learn how to make cards with folds, pop-ups, jigsaw, mobile, slide and pull, rattle and shake, just to name a few. 112 pages. Retail value: $19.99.
- I've been thinking it's time to give my blog a make-over so I thought I'd get a little festive and splash on an Easter background. Did you think think those hanging eggs were Xmas lights? Hee-hee, that's what my son thought.
- As part of the make-over I've added new categories on my sidebar. Do you like freebies? Who doesn't......hop over to the blogs/sites under the heading "Blogs/Sites with Free Digis." I'll add more as I discover them.
- If you scroll down to the heading "Tutorials, Tips, and Templates," you may find the blogs very helpful with ideas and FREE templates. Do you make cards with floral embellies that just won't fit into a regular envelope? If so, you you may want to check out "Mirkwood Designs-Templates." Look for the template called "Card Portfolio." That should be perfect for your card though I'm not sure how it would handle if you were to mail it.
- Of course, I had to add a picture of our pooch, Buddy and kitty, Fuzz.
- FINALLY....I've been feeling so inspired that I want to give you a chance to win some candy. The lucky winner will receive the following: "Best Mum" mounted stamp by S.W.A.L.K., Printed Chip Board Shapes by American Crafts, Wedding Stamp Set by Cookie Crumbs, Bee stickers by Sticko, Clear stamp set by Basicgrey, Glitter Paper Potpourri by Doodlebug, "Pretty Poppies" Epoxy Brads by Autumn Leaves, Novelty Cards book.
- Here are the SUPER SIMPLE rules: 1) Leave a comment on this post telling me the name of one person who inspires you AND why (first name only is fine). 2) Be a follower of my blog, if you are not one already. 3) Only one entry per person please.
- Deadline: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. (HST)
- A random winner will be posted on Thursday, April 21, 2011.
- Good luck, thank you very much for visiting my blog, and hope you HAVE A SCRAP HAPPY DAY!
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Hope you're all having a great Tuesday. YAY, it's almost Hump Day.
I wanted to share this easel card that I sent to Berenice for the Secret Sister Swap for April. What do you think of the paper? Pretty "Eastery" and "Springy" huh? Found them at Wal-mart at a great price.
Short post.......better get to the craft room and start producing more stuff for our upcoming FCE Craft Fair. If you're in Hilo on Saturday, 5/7, hop over to Aunty Sally's Luau House. The fair starts at 8:00 and ends at 12:30. There will be food, baked goods, crafts of all kinds, and much more.
Hope to see you there.
Bunny stamp by Hero Arts
Paper by Colorbok
Grass stamp by Viva Las Vegasstamps (I think)
Butterfly punch (???)
Flower punch by EK Success
"Happy Easter" (on computer)
Friday, April 15, 2011
- Thought Sweet Pixies Brigitta by CC Designs would be perfect for this challenge. Doesn't she look sweet surrounded by flowers?
- Here are the supplies I used: Paper by DCWV, border punch by Friskar, Copic markers, 5-petal flower punch, Distress Ink for blue background, embossing folder by Cuttlebug, glittered butterfly, flowers, and leaf by K & Company, pearls by Kaiser Craft, leaf punch by EK, buttons by Pebbles, Pop Up dots, and carpet thread.
- BTW, the buttons are from the yummy candy I won from Jenny and the glittered flowers and leaf are from the candy I won from Kris' birthday blog hop candy. Been really lucky lately....better go to Vegas!!!
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Here's a super quickie post before I miss the deadline to get my entry in for the Lollipop Challenge. If you wish to enter, you have about 1/2 an hour....LOL. Visit Lollipop Crafts for details. I just whipped this up a few minutes ago.
- Supplies: Sizzix "Carry All" box die, Hello Kitty stamp, Happy Birthday stamp by CC Designs, Paper by Colorbok, punch by EK Success, Copic Marker, Prima flowers, Rhineshone. Have A Scrap Happy Day.
Saturday, April 2, 2011
- Last weekend, Michele at Island Scrapbooking had her semi-annual Garage Sale where customers could sell their stamps, embellies, paper, etc., etc., etc. I ALWAYS look forward to that event and think it must be a LOT of work to coordinate.
- As a little token of my appreciation, I gave her the decorated package below filled it with her favorite candy......Kit-Kats. Shucks though, the photo is a bit blurred.....must've had shaky hands when I took the picture. It's not your eyes.... :-) Supplies:
- Package by Darice
- Embossing folders by Cuttlebug
- Japanese Girl and fan stamps by Hero Arts
- Copic markers
- Spellbinder dies
- Sakura and stamen punch by Punch Bunch, Scallop Punch by Friskar (ohhh, got this for $5.00 at the Garage Sale.....score!!!! :-))
- "Arigato" stamp by Mari and Me
- Neon Pink flourescent Embossing Powder by Zing
- Mini clothes pin
- 1/8" grosgrain ribbon