Thursday, December 4, 2014

Happy Birthday to My Dear Hubby and a lot of FOODIE pix

My sweet hubby celebrated his birthday last month.  He LOVE fishing so here's the card I made for him. 


Ingredients for the card:
Doggie fishing image - from "Sunny Day" set by Penny Black
Copics
Sign and can of worms images - by High Hopes
Grass die by Poppy Stamp
Water in background - I used the Stitched Scallop die by Lawn Fawn
Embossing folder by Darice

And there's no better way to celebrate than by chowing down some GOOD FOOD.  We went to Seaside Restaurant and ordered several appetizers.

Sashimi (ummmmm, I'll pass on this)



Sauteed mushrooms.....YUMMY!


Fried Calamari....DEEEELICIOUS!!!


Warabi Salad.   For those of you who are not familiar with "warabi", it's fern shoots.  When we moved to the Big Island, that was the very first time I learned that people ate fern shoots.  Yikes, really?   But I tried it and oh boy, they're GOOOOD.


Shrimp Bisque, soup of the day.


My MIL ordered this shrimp pasta dish.


I ordered the Teriyaki Chicken......LOVED IT.


And hubby ordered this scallop pasta dish.  

Unfortunately, our boys weren't able to make it.   Next time.

Thanks for stopping by and HAVE A SCRAP HAPPY DAY!

10 comments:

Ellibelle said...

A very cute card, I love your coloring! Yummy food too :)

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Karen, what a super card for your Hubby, love the image and the colouring, great layout too.
WOW fantastic looking food, hope it tasted as good as it looks, Happy Birthday to your Hubby!
Hugs Kate x

eva said...

happy belated to your husband! perfect card for your husband too. wow, all the plates look soooo good! i don't think i've heard of warabi salad before.

Colleen said...

I hope that your hubby had a fun and memorable time celebrating his b-day last month. I am sure that he was touched that you took time to make a card for him with a fishing scene on it. The card is very cute. All the food that was ordered I am sure was onolicious especially the sashimi.:)

Deloris said...

What a fun card! That fishing image is adorable! It's the perfect bday card for your hubby!

Mary J said...

What a gorgeous card, Karen! And that food looks DELICIOUS!

Chelsea said...

Happy belated Birthday to your hubby! What a perfect card for a guy who loves to fish!

These these food ... I want a little of everything! :) Yum! Yum!

Have a great weekend ahead Karen!

Leanne said...

Aww happy belated to your hubby! looks like you all had a great time. thanks for sharing the food pics, now i'm hungry!! hehehe.. Not sure I've ever had Warabi, I'll have to ask my mom what it tastes like. haha
What a terrific card! I bet he loved it! Another fun scene from the queen of scenes. ^.^

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a fab card for your DH. Oh my you have made me very hungry looking at those wonderful pictures of the very yummy food! Susan x

coldwaters2 said...

Fantastic male themed card Karen a fab card for your hubby, great image and design.
hugs
lorraine x