Saturday, April 19, 2014

Sweet Easter Treat

Hi Everyone!  Hope all of you are enjoying the long weekend.  As for me, I spent most of yesterday cleaning house including the jealousies.  Whew, glad that chore is off my "to do" list.  Also, hopped over to the post office and lookie what arrived in the mail... the CUTEST little Easter basket from Eunice.  OMGosh, it's filled with yummy cookies and Easter candy, too nice to open.  I'll admire it a bit longer before I grind the treats.  LOL. THANK YOU, EUNICE!!!!  (Big smile)

Here's the front.....



And here's the back...SO CUTE YAH?


Last night, hubby and I dined at Zippy's (Hilo) for the first time. Can you believe that?  They've been open since last August.  Till now, I've just gone to their bakery numerous times and to their take-out counter.  As you can see, we were starving.  Chomp, chomp.

I ordered the Zip Min (my fave).  It comes with a breaded shrimp that they usually put in the broth but I asked for it on the side because I wanted it crispy.  Hee-hee.


Hubby order the Teriyaki Pork with brown rice and mac salad.  He said it was excellent.


We both shared the Fried Tofu with Korean Sauce Salad.  Oh, this is a "winna"....


 I also order the "small" Roast Turkey and shared this with my hubby too.


Don't faint, we also shared a Banana Royale.   Oh sorry, forgot to take a pix before we sunk our teeth into it.  LOL.  By the end of that, we were full to our eyeballs.  What a great evening!

Thanks for stopping by and have a HAPPY EASTER!

7 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Happy Easter Karen, lovely Easter basket from your friend, enjoy it when you get around to opening it.
What yummy food, pleased you had such a good evening, hugs Kate x

Unknown said...

Happy Easter Karen! Your happy mail looks so adorable and too good to eat hehe. The food looks yummy too!

Leanne said...

Happy Easter Karen! Oh boy what a wonderful post! Eunice is so darn talented what a gorgeous Easter basket! Lucky lady!
Oh my tummy is full just looking and reading about your adventures @ Zippy's hehe.. I must remember all of those dishes! Enjoy your Easter Sunday and long weekend!! ^.^

Cindy said...

Happy Easter Karen!!!
Cute basket from Eunice....talented.
I've gotta try the fried tofu salad...looks yummy.
Ono, ono, ono...

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday KI!

CHARLOTTE said...

Happy belated birthday, Karen.

eunice said...

I always get so HUNGRY when I read your foodie posts. Everything always looks and sounds so delish! Glad to hear you got the basket...hope you had a Happy Easter...was it your birthday, too?