Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Thank You Card for a Surprise RAK

A couple of weeks ago, a dear friend sent me a surprise RAK.  Talk about happy mail.  I was ALL SMILES when I opened the pkg. to find a whole bunch of stamps by Create in Me.  I have never heard of that brand before but they sure make super cute stamps.  Using the image with the cutest little pup peeking out of the mailbox, I made her this thank you card.


These stamps will guaranty enjoy their new home.  I stamped the images on 2 pieces of cardstock and put the stamps in the clear plastic bag, just like in the store.   :-)  Aren't they CUTE???


This past week, we celebrated my b/d in the office with a yummy quiche from Short 'n Sweet.  As mentioned in an earlier post, we now ask the b/d person what they would like.  Rather than the traditional "cake", I chose quiche.   Ummmm, that was so yummy.


One of my co-workers got bentos from Kawamoto's for everyone.  Oh, and last week, there was an itty-bitty bit of confusion.  Someone thought my b/d was a week sooner and another co-worker bought bentos for everyone too which she got at Seoul Station.   Guess you can call it double-celebration.  Sorry, no pix of those bentos.  Both were deeeeelicious.



My co-worker from Oahu, brought these "broke-da-mouth" malasadas from Kam Bakery.  The dark ones are taro (no, they are not burnt) and the others, strawberry.   I LOVE the slightly chewy texture. These are to die for and sinfully delicious.   If you're on Oahu, you gotta try them.


And...my office-mate brought yummy mini muffins and made a huge, I mean HUGE bowl of Somen Salad.   Eeeek, I forgot to take a pix of that.  As you can see, I work with the best group of awesome people.

Back to the card.....other crafty ingredients used:
Copics
Sentiment by Hero Arts
Word punch by Stampin' Up
Border punch by EK from Ben Franklin Crafts
"Lorelai Leaf" and "Resting Birds" die by Memory Box from Island Scrapbooking
Flower punch by Studio G from Ben Franklin Crafts
Spellbinder dies
Ribbon by Offray
DP from stash
Pearls by Kaiser Craft

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous and crafty weekend.


8 comments:

Leanne said...

Aww what a sweet card Karen. Again your attention to details when making a scene are awemazing!
All the food looks so ono!! You do work with a great group of people. Happy celebrations!!
Hope you're having a nice weekend!
^.^

Colleen said...

The card that you made as a "thank you" for the friend that sent you the super cute "Create In Me" stamps turned out really nice. It's the perfect card to express you appreciation to her/him. "Create In Me" was a stamp company on the Mainland. I used to order from them all the time. The wood party favor that we embossed for our wedding was using a stamp from them.

All the food that you enjoyed at your office last week to celebrate your b-day I am sure was super ono. I am glad that you had a nice time celebrating. The next time we are in Oahu I will need to try the malasadas from Kam's Bakery.

Jenny said...

so sweet of your friends! You totally scored with those stamps. I don't know if you can even get them now! You have some I haven't even seen before!

Cely said...

ahhhhh your food pics make me miss home! i miss bento and kam bakery! :*(

nice stamps and happy happy happy birthday!

Chelsea said...

Hi Karen, not only do I get to see beautiful work from you, I also get to drool over the yummy sweets. I'm sorry for the late Birthday wish, but I hope you had the most wonderful time with your friends.

CHARLOTTE said...

You are loved, Karen. Kam Bakery is opening a shop in the shopping center where Young's is located. I don't know when, just saw the sign. All of the treats look so yummy.

CHARLOTTE said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheryl said...

Happy Belated birthday!!! Awesome card! I've never heard or seen those stamps before. Boy talk about sugar rush huh?! I love Kam Bakery. It's right down the street from our house.