Sunday, November 10, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNY

Happy Sunday Peeps!   Today is a very special day....it's Jenny's birthday.  Woo-hoo, bring out the cake and ice cream!!!   I wanted to make a really special card for her because she is such an inspiring friend and she never ceases to amaze me with her talent and creativity.  Please click here to wish her a very happy birthday.

Here's the card I made for Jenny to go along with her gift that I hope she'll enjoy.  I inked sweet "Mariko" with Copics and enhanced the frame part with pearls and my newest craft "toy", Fran-tage from Ben Franklin Crafts.  I totally LOVE that product.  


Here's a close-up of the flowers and charm.....

Other fun products used for this card:
Spellbinder dies
"Norrland Flowers" and "Quinn Flourish" dies by Memory Box from Island Scrapbooking
Washi paper from Japan
Pearls by Kaiser Crafts
Ribbon by Offray
Leaf punch by EK
Charm - I made
Sentiment by Studio G
Distress Ink
Butterfly punch by EK

Coming up this week, I'll be posting my blogaversary candy.  You'll need to be a follower of my blog at the time my candy is posted so if you find my blog inspiring, you still have time.  Don't want you to miss out.  :-)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Pile It On - Show Us Your Tools (I used my Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, heat gun, jewelry tools to make the charm, tweezers to apply the pearls, distress ink applicator tool, and stylus to roll back of flower petals to give dimension)
Lacy Sunshine Stamp Challenge - Ch. 21 - It's a Bling Thing
A Gem of a Challenge - Ch 105 - Gems, Gems, Gems
Crazy for Challenges - Ch. C4C211 - Let's Frame It
Brown Sugar Challenge - Ch 67 - Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz - Ch 44 - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes Optional Twist Distress (the flower petals are distressed)
Moving Along with the Times - Pearly Swirly and Girly

Thanks for stopping by and HAVE A SCRAP HAPPY DAY.




12 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Karen, this is so lovely, such a very sweet image and beautiully coloured, I'm sure your friend will love it, hugs Kate x

Mary Marsh said...

this is so pretty Karen-I am sure Jenny will love it-and how nice to have a friend like her-my bff moved about 6 hrs away from me-miss her lots - curious about the frontage-what is that?

Deloris said...

Super cute! I'm sure your friend will love it!

Amanda R said...

Love your handmade flowers and I'm sure your friend will too! Love the xmas theme on your blog too, very pretty!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous and adorable too.
luv
Debby

Lynn said...

Ah, that's such a Karenlicious birthday card. Jenny will love it! Thanks again for the info about the Fran-tage. It looks great on your card. I discovered a little stick glue will help hold it on the paper so that the heat gun will not blow it away while you melt it. If it is still tacky after cooling you can dust the surface with cornstarch. Your happy color choices and charm really work well on a birthday card.

Wendy L said...

A lovey bright card, thanks for playing at MAWTT. xxxx

Leanne said...

Aww, a very sweet card Karen. I know Jenny will love it and anything you give her. Love all the wonderful details to your card, and I really want to try the frantage!! haha!
TFS!!
^.^

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this pretty card - and the cute charm you added too! Thanks so much for joining this week athe Pile it On Challenge

eunice said...

Wow, what a sweet birthday card for Jenny...she is sure to LOVE it! As always, you did a fabulous job with all the embellishing details. And that washi paper is so-o-o pretty!

Colleen said...

Wow! The card that you made for Karen is super cute and sweet. I am sure she will "LOVE" what you made for her and got for her since it's from your heart to hers.

pam said...

such a pretty card Karen, sweet image and beautiful flowers.
pam