Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Kiyoko Playing with Sparklers

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend. I had a fab Saturday going to a couple of craft fairs in Hilo. Jenny's was the first and of course I got there 15 minutes before the start time. Hee-hee, that's me. Well, we go to the same hairdresser and since Debbie can't go to any craft fairs because she has to work, I asked if she wanted me to get something for her. She was so excited and asked for 4 Hello Kitty calendars (the long ones). I wanted to make sure I got those for her before they sold out and got pretty much first crack at them. BOY, FOR A SMALL FAIR, THEY SURE HAD AN ABUNDANCE OF AWESOME HANDMADE CRAFTS. WOW!!!

Today, I want to share this New Year's card featuring Kiyoko. What a cutie playing with her sparklers. I got the "tori gate" stamp by Megawa at Stamps 'n Memories last month. You know how sometimes you see a stamp and just know you gotta have it? Well, that was the case with this one because I thought it would be perfect for an Asian theme / scene. I added patches of grass (stamp from Viva Las Vegasstamps), cloud stickers (sorry no label on my pkg.), and of course that cute little pooch (by Dandelion Designs) to create a scene. Kiyoko and the cherry blossom branch are adhered with Pop-Dots to give it demension. The cherry blossom branch is a sticker by Mind Wave, Inc. that I got in Japan

Other supplies: Distress ink lightly applied (blue for the sky and green for the grass) and Copics.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you all HAVE A SCRAP HAPPY DAY.

Hugs,
Karen

10 comments:

Jenny said...

I love this scene! Now I'm on a mission to find that stamp!

eva said...

cute scene!! everything works so well together.

CHARLOTTE said...

Wow - everything fits perfectly together!

Leanne said...

Karen this is awesome! Such a cute scene. Hope you got to pick up some fun items at the fair.
;)

Creations by Shirl said...

Great job on your card... What a fun Asian flair to your scenery....Shucks I missed a bunch of craft fairs this past Saturday.....oh well!

coops said...

gorgeous pretty card karen.the image is so sweet and stunning design ;D

xx coops xx

Cyndi said...

Aww this is so cute and love the scene!

Tammi said...

She's adorable, a sweet and cute card! Our craft fairs here weren't that great, nice that you got to go to a good one!

Unknown said...

Awww what a sweetie, this is really cute, love the image xxx

eunice said...

Oh Karen, this is so SWEET!!!! Absolutely love everything about this card...and I especially love that you used so many different stamps to create this. That torii stamp is so neat...I think I might have to go search that one out too! And...oh my...the stitching! Awesome, awesome!