Sunday, March 6, 2011

Gardening with the Little Pooch

Hope you're all having a nice and relaxing Sunday. My morning was spent in the kitchen. I was in the mood for making some munchies for the guys in my family so I whipped up some Spinach Dip and Flan this morning.

Also got some Corned Beef going in the slow cooker. This is one of my favorite dishes. I can eat it for days without getting tired of it. Ha-ha, but those who know me know that I don't like "fat" in my food (ex: chicken skin, fat on pork butt, steak, etc.). I cut 'em off and toss it when hubby isn't looking. Hee-hee. So here's what I do with the Corned Beef Brisket. You know it has all that yummy "meat" stuck in the marbled "fat." Well, after it's fully cooked, I remove it from the cooker, let it cool a bit, then "pull" the meat out and toss the fat. When my brother-in-law heard about that he said, "WHAT??? That's the best part. She's nuts." :-)

Oh, I wanted to share the pretty Cherry Blossoms from our yard. A friend of mine gave me a cutting at least 8 years ago. Every year I'd wait for a full blooming tree like others in our area but all we'd get was just one flower here and a couple there. Well, this year, though our tree still looks kind of bald, it's the most blossoms we've had and I can see LOTS of buds on the branches. YAY!!!

This is a Sara Kay stamp that I got from Munchkins just a couple of months before her store closed. I love Sara Kay designs, they're so cute. Of course I had to add the little pooch by Dandelion Designs. It reminds me of our dog, Buddy.

Other supplies:
Spellbinder dies
Copic markers
Flower punch by Marvy Uchida
Stamen punch by Punch bunch. I got this at Island Scrapbooking for my sakura punch but hey,
it goes with any kind of flowers. Love it!!!
Button
Carpet thread
Pop dot
Ribbon by Offray
Paper by Stampin' Up



No comments: