Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Snowman

Ohhhh, I just love Christmas. I remember when our 3 sons were little, my in-laws paid us a surprise visit. My very slim father-in-law was dressed up as Santa with a big pillow by his belly while my mother-in-law waited in the car across the street giggling. There was a knock on the front door. Much to our surprise, it was Santa with his bag of presents for the boys. "HO, HO, HO", he said and came into the house. He asked them if they were good. Startled and overjoyed, they said, "Yes." He gave them lots of presents and told them to always be good and listen to Mommy and Daddy. About 15 minutes after Santa went on his merry way, Grandma and Grandpa showed up. The boys told them Santa was just here. Cute yah?

The smile on the snowman's face reminds my of my late father-in-law.
The snowman stamp is by TGF which I colored with my Copic markers. The "warm wishes" stamp is also by TG which I embossed to give it a nice gloss. Just can't have enough Spellbinder dies. In fact, I had to get larger tray for my collection. The white background is embossed using the "Polka Dots" embossing folder by Cuttlebug. I LOVE dots. The edger punch is by EK Success and finally the snowflakes are buttons by Dress It Up with the shanks removed. I'm getting more of these buttons. They're GREAT.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your FIL must have been so special, Karen, and I hope your sons will always remember that story. Great job on your card - TFS.

Jenny V. said...

Too cute I love this snowman set. Great LO! Enjoy your weekend.