Monday, December 26, 2011

2012 "Lion Dancers" Calendar

Hope you all had a SUPER Christmas and Santa was good to you. We enjoyed a nice little family dinner and I'm so lucky that the boys helped cook. The eldest and his girlfriend grilled some Leg of Lamb, our other son grilled some steak, cooked Spicy Tofu with Noodles, baked Lemon Lucious Pie, and mini Cream Puffs. I made Won Bok Salad, Korean Chicken, mini Spring Rolls....oh and the rice. Hee-hee.

Oh boy....what a FAB day!!!! Did anyone grab some bargains at the After-Christmas sales today? I sure did. Up at 6:00 and out by 7:00. Got some Xmas wrapping paper at 50% off so I'm ready for next year. YAY!!! Also, got some BARGAINS at Ben Franklin Crafts and Island Scrapbooking. WHAT A SCORE!!! WOO-HOO!!!!

Enjoyed lunch with my friend Faye today. We were both craving noodles (of course...my favorite) and had the Special Mein Soup at 1-Plus-1 Cafe. They make DA BEST. Ummmm, I could go for another bowl right now.

I wanna share my very first "hanging" calendar featuring the "Lion Dancers" image by Sister Stamps. I inked it up with Copics, cut out the image, then applied it to a red CS cut with my Spellbinder die. The red circle was then affixed to the black scalloped piece. Here's how this idea came to be. The December month somehow tore off so I though, hey, why not make a hanging calendar. Something a little different. How do you like the washi paper? It's from Tokyu (not Tokyo) Hands in Japan.

Here's a closer look at the image. The red circle was embossed using an oriental design by Cuttlebug.





And here's the bottom section.


Other supplies used: Edge punch by Stampin Up, ribbon, and dowel. Our son's girlfriend loved the calendar so I gave it to her. She was all smiles. :-)




Thanks for stopping by and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!






9 comments:

Colleen said...

Your Christmas sounds super ono. I am glad that you had a nice intimate time with your family. I was good today and did not do any after Christmas shopping. I did my share of shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday so I decided to be good today. I may snag a few items online tonight. We will see if I can hold off. LOL! What you made is awesome. I love the it! I am sure that it looks beautiful hanging on the one of the walls in your house. Big hugs!

eva said...

wow, great calendar!! sounds like you had a great day too! happy new year!

Cely said...

VERY cool calendar. I never have one up in my house... I'm not sure why. I'm just silly, I think. And I'm always losing my planner! Yay for after Christmas sales! I didn't head out today, had too much crafting to do. Lol, and the kind with deadlines, not the leisurely kind! Maybe tomorrow I'll head up target for the half off xmas wrap!

Creations by Shirl said...

Great Calendar for the craft room wall as a deco that's where I would put mines... In our house we need large numbers on our calendar's to jot down appt's etc......he,he!
Hope you got great deals the day after xmas shopping.....

Mimi said...

perfect way to spend the holidays... family, friends and good food!! gorgeous calendar and love the long washi paper! wishing you the best in the new year!! ;D

Cyndi said...

this came out so nice and creative!

Leanne said...

I love this idea Karen! It's really perfect for any wall hanging. Gr8 idea!
So happy you had a nice Christmas. Wow you folks had a lot of ono sounding food. Maybe next year I'll be in Hilo for Christmas.. lol..

Mary Marsh said...

your christmas dinner sounds delicious-after christmas shopping bargains are always good-and I like the calendar you created as well-we are in the midst of some cold weather but no snow as yet

Unknown said...

What a beautiful hanging calendar, yes I really like that washi paper, so pretty :) .. and I really loved reading about your Christmas lunch ... all the food sounds so yummy. We had the traditional roast and lots of other yummies. . Great you did some bargains. Me too but clothes, as no crafty bargains here, so I made up for that with the clothes I bought he he lots of it too, hubby even told me to stop woops !!!!