Tuesday, August 12, 2014

We Survived Hurricane Iselle

Just putting up a quick post before I go to work.  We fortunately survived Hurricane Iselle with no damage to our home and property.  Our land line, cell, cable, and electricity were down.  Finally, got electricity restored at 6:00 p.m. Sunday and the crew from Oceanic Cable worked diligently next to our neighbor's house from 6:15 p.m. yesterday till after I went to sleep last night.    Oh and our land line and cell is working too.  Thank you all very much for your prayers and concern.  Hope to get a new post up this evening.  Please continue to pray for those who were less fortunate in the lower Puna area.  Thank you again.  Big Hugs, Karen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear your area is recovering quickly! Have a great day at work!

Colleen said...

I thank the Lord for keeping you and your family safe and your property too. I am glad that the electricity and cable are working again too. I hope and pray that the islands won't need to experience this kind of weather for a long time. The people in Puna are in my thoughts and prayers.

Leanne said...

So happy to hear you're ok Karen. I'm still praying for those affected. Take care!!