Saturday, February 22, 2014

A "Flip" Thank You Card and Pets that Get Along (OMG)

Here's a flip card that I made recently using the flip die by Sizzix.  The person I gave this to is super sweet so I thought using this colorful DP by Doodlebug and fairy image by TGF would be perfect for her.  The scallop border punch is by Martha Stewart, and cloud die is by Joy Crafts (from my sweet cuz).  Oh, the mushroom image is by TGF too.  



Here's a pix as you pull the two sides out to flip the circle.


And here's the flip side.  The ribbon is by Offray, the charm is from an earring I got from a local store that recently closed (steal of a deal), and the branch and flowers are by Cheery Lynn from Eunice.   I totally love this die....one of my favorites for sure.  Check out her blog, you'll be INSPIRED! She makes really fancy stuff.


On to the pets.   During my recent trip to Oahu, my son took me to his place for a quick stop.  Here's a pix of his and his girlfriend's house cats. Ripley on the left and Eli on the right which they got from the shelter. Awww, so cute.

Meet Papaya, their roommate, Jason's bird which he lets out of his cage occasionally.  Brave birdie.


EEEEEK, and meet Jango and Boba, they're 2 BIG pet rats.   Occasionally, they get to roam outside their cage too.  OMGosh, they are huge.  Please don't let them out when I'm there.   Eeeek, eeeek, eeek.  So amazing that the cats just won't bother the bird and rats.  Heck, if I were a cat and encountered rats that size, I'd run the other way.  Hee-hee.

Thanks for stopping by and HAVE A SCRAP HAPPY DAY.

10 comments:

Amanda R said...

I love your card, that Greeting
Farm image was one of the ones I bought when I first started making cards, so cute! and love the kitties and bird but rats? No way!

Mary J said...

Clever card, Karen, and so pretty too!

Love the animals - I need to cuddle my dogs now they are so cute!!

eunice said...

Pretty flip card, Karen! You have an amazing talent of always choosing the perfect matching patterned papers and cardstock to make the prettiest cards. I always have such a hard time with that. Happy to see you're making use of that die! And...gosh, your son lives in a pet store? LOL...so darned cute!

cuilliesocks said...

Very pretty card Karen, I love the design, and the lovely image.
WOW, some fab pets, love the cats, they are gorgeous.
My son and his partner have lots of pets too, I call them my Grandpets, hugs Kate x

Deloris said...

So pretty! Love those flip style cards!

eva said...

great card, karen! love the flip cards! the cats are too cute but the rats i'd rather not see! my kids have been bugging me for a bunny or guinea pig. i just don't know if i can do it!

Leanne said...

Oh this is very sweet! The inside and outside as well as the flip side. ;)

That's pretty cool that the cats don't mess with the rats or bird. They sure are cute.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
^.^

Lynn said...

I love flip cards and yours is a beauty . Great colors and coloring of the image. Thanks for sharing the animal photos. Glad that my sons only have cats!

scrapn_momof2 said...

I love the flip cards!! Yours is totally adorable!

Colleen said...

What a cute flip card. I especially love the fairy on it. The mushroom is perfect for the scene. It reminds of Pixie Hollow at Disneyland. :)