Sunday, January 4, 2015

With Love and a Pix of Snow-Capped Mauna Kea

Hi Peeps!  Hope you all enjoyed the holiday festivities and 2015 is off to a great start.  Our doggies are definitely happy and relieved that there are no more fireworks.   And we didn't pop any.

I didn't craft for the last 2 weeks in December so it was nice to play with my crafty goodies again. Here's my first Valentine's Day card  using this cute image by Penny Black's "Touch of Love" clear stamp set and inked them up with Copics.   I saw this neat zipper die by Marianne Designs on a few blogs several months ago and "had to" get it.  


For dimension, I made this hanging charm.


Also used the "Climbing Vine" by Poppy Stamps from Island Scrapbooking, sentiment by Hero Arts which I stamped and cut in half to make the tags, heart punch by Martha Stewart, puffy heart stickers, flat-back heart embellies for the flowers, ribbon from Stamps 'n Memories, and DPs from stash.

A couple of days ago, we had some blizzard type weather up Mauna Kea.  Here's a pix of the snow atop the mountain.


Thanks for stopping by and HAVE A SCRAP HAPPY DAY!

7 comments:

Colleen said...

Happy New Year Karen! I am glad that winds have died down and that all of you are okay.

You are always ahead in making cards. What a fun Valentine's Day card! It's such a great idea to put a zipper on it with a charm that you made. I've never seen the zipper die before.

I hope that you are having a good weekend. Have a great week!

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous card Karen, lovely image and that zipper die is fabulous, have a good week, hugs Kate x

Lynn said...

This card is just the cutest Valentine ever! I love the image and that zipper die cut is to die for....guess who HAS to get it? Thanks for sharing your crafty work and I hope that 2015 brings you nothing but happiness.

Deloris said...

What a darling Valentine's Day card! Love that Penny Black stamp, the cute paper and all the fun embellishments!

Chelsea said...

My doggies were happy the firework stopped too! Poor little thing.

Adorable card as always and loving that cute zipper!

Lorraine said...

Happy New Year!

A gorgeous card, love the cute image.
Lorraine x

eva said...

happy new year, karen! lovely card and charm! i can't believe it was snowing up there. my kids are still bugging me to take them to see snow. but i think i'll be too cold!