Thursday, September 4, 2014

A Touch of Elegance

Wow, this week is sure flying by FAST.  Actually, the entire year is.

As you know, I'm a bargain hunter.   Needing more pants for work, I went to Macy's this past weekend.  I found 2 capris and the original price was $49 each.   It was marked down plus I got an additional 20% off.  Woo-hoo, I paid a little over $17 for each.  Cha-ching!!!!   

A couple of days ago, I needed to sew the sides in a bit on one of the pants and the foot pedal died.  So, I took out the Viking that my mom gave me a few years ago which she had for years and hardly used.  Happy that my hubby found the "lost" foot pedal and I had a spare sewing machine, I got it threaded, pressed on the foot pedal and it went "click, PACK" and started smoking.  Whoa, I think the motor blew.  Hee-hee. So out it went into the trash.   Looks like I'll need a new machine.   Yah!  All is good.

Anyhoo, on to my card.  This is the 2nd of 6 cards I gave to my friend.   I used my newest die (the curved one) by Marianne Design.  Oh, I LOVE this.  The die itself looks kinda weird but after blog hopping and seeing what other crafters created, it was a must-have.    Also, in the corner, I added another die cut, this one by Joy Crafts.  And the flowers are by CC Design that my sweet cuz gave me a while ago.  



Thanks for stopping by and HAVE A SCRAP HAPPY DAY!

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh another pretty card to add to the bunch. That die is interesting, glad you found some YT vids to watch. It looks great here. The details are great Karen! Have a great Friday!

debby4000 said...

Such a beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Lynn said...

Your card is super elegant. You used the dies in a very unique way. I really love it. Thank you for the 'light bulb' moment.

Deloris said...

It's a real beauty. Love those die cuts.

Have you tried searching the internet for a new petal for your sewing machine? The same thing happened to me and I was able to buy a replacement petal at Sears. They can also repair them if you have a sewing machine store nearby. Hope that helps.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Karen, having a laugh at your post, I forgot that you call trousers pants, and as I'm reading I'm thinking that your talking about underwear, ie Knickers, and that they cost you an awful lot of money and why would you need to fix them on a sewing machine. I've really had a senior moment.

An elegant card indeed, it is really lovely, gorgeous colour too, have a great weekend, hugs Kate x

eunice said...

Very elegant, and so pretty! I've been eyeing this Marianne die for quite awhile now too...looks fabulous paired with the Joy Crafts corner die. I can always count on you to make me want to buy more dies! Love how your flower turned out too...will you share which die you used for the leaves?