Sunday, December 2, 2012

Shopping Black Friday in Vegas and a CAS Card

Here's a card I made for a wonderful co-worker who left the firm I work for.   She's one heck of an amazing person and I'm a truly going to miss her.  I wish her well.
 
For this card, I used a plumeria DP and "Aloha" laser cut sentiment from Island Scrapbooking.  The DP comes on a sheet with 3 identical prints.   Isn't it pretty?  I also used Spellbinder dies, punch by Fiskars, beige striped DP from my stash, butterfly punch by Martha Stewart, and rhinestones by Crystal Stickers.

Our family flew out to Vegas on Thanksgiving Day and arrived just before midnight .  We stayed at the Golden Nugget for the first time in Downtown.   Awesome place!!!   I'd stay there again.  Personally, I prefer Downtown rather that the strip.


One of the restaurants we ate at (3 times) was Island Sushi at The Plaza.   OMG, THAT is my new favorite restaurant in Vegas.  Check this out, my hubby ordered the "All You Can Eat Sushi."  The menu had a bunch of other yummilicious things other than sushi."    If you go to Vegas, you MUST eat here.


Among the MANY things he ordered was Hamachi Kama (I think that's what it's called).   You should've seen the look on his face when he was done....PAIN!!!!    LOL.   I ordered the Shrimp Tempura Teishoku with California Roll Sushi.  (Sorry, no pix of that). 

My SIL and I are not gamblers so we shopped till we dropped on Black Friday and Saturday.  Lucky for me she and my BIL drive in Vegas with no fear.  You wouldn't find me behind the wheel....LOL.  First stop on Friday was Blue Diamond Shopping Center.  I got a real-deal at Kohl's, 2 tops totalling $11.00 PLUS a 15% discount.  CHA-CHING!!!  Got some great deals at Target (60% off 2 tops) and Big Lots at this shopping center.  CHA-CHING!!!

2nd stop was Premium Outlet (Downtown).  OMG, thank goodness my BIL suggested he drop us off.   He KNEW traffic would be bad and boy was he right.   We were among MANY, MANY vehicles at a complete stop and couldn't even get close to the parking structure so my SIL got out of the van and walked about a block.   One of the super deals I got were on Crocs sandals, Buy One, Get One Free.   CHA-CHING!!!

On Saturday, we shopped at Premium Outlet (old Bellz).  Got some great deals on t-shirts (Hurley and RVCA) for the boys, 2 for $25.00.  CHA-CHING!!!  Next stop was Town Square and I got some deals at The Bath and Body Shop and Whole Foods.  Third stop was M&M's World on the strip.  My nieces sure had fun shopping here while Aunty (me) got a cool bling-bling  t-shirt.  Check out all that colorful candy. 

Back to Island Sushi.  Hubby ordered Fried Noodes.  That was surprising because he's really not a noodle kind a person.  He's a meat and gravy kind of guy.

Yup, you guessed it.   I ordered Won Ton Mein and boy was that deeeeelicious.

On Saturday night, we had a surprise birthday dinner for my MIL at the Chart House at the Golden Nugget.   Here's the simple favor I bought/made.   The Chocolate Dipped Fortune Cookie is from Big Island Delights.   It was nice because they're individually wrapped and all I had to do was make the tags, 14 of them.

I'm not a drinker but heck, we were on vacation so I ordered the Fleur de Lis.  It has coconut rum and pineapple juice, etc.   Ohhhh, that was GOOOOOD!!!   On rare occasions that I do have a drink, I enjoy those that taste like juice.  LOL.    

Here's a pix of hubby's Lobster Bisque.   I tasted it and it sure was yummy.

Hubby and I LOVE crab.  We and our youngest son ordered it.   BAD MOVE.   For me, it was a toss up between Alaskan King Crab or Scallops.   I should've order the scallops.  Others who ordered the scallops said it was very good.   We were so disappointed with the crab.  This is supposed to be 1 1/2 lbs. of crab....yah, must be shell weight.  Plus, most of the pieces were at room temperature and a couple were cold, like out of the refrigerator.   We like it hot.  We paid "market price" for this....54 bucks.  What a rip-off.  Last time we go there.

Desserts was the Lava Cake.  That was good.

On Sunday we had brunch at The Buffet at the Golden Nugget.  This is a pix of my first of 4 plates.   No shame yah?  Oink.

Hard to tell we like to eat.   Hee-hee.

Thanks to stopping by.  Have a great week!!!

6 comments:

CHARLOTTE said...

TFS all of your pics. Glad your family had a good time - must be nice for the whole family to go together. You sure got a lot of bargains!

Cely said...

WOOT! Loved all your vacay pics!!! My mom them are leaving next week for Vegas... so sad I'm not going with them! I don't gamble either... pure shopper!!! Glad you had a great vacay! And yum, those food pics made me hungry!

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun! TFS! I haven't been there this year...must go soon! :)

juli (sweetpz) said...

Wow Vegas! I haven't been there since 3yrs ago. We stayed on the strip last time, but i'm thinking next time off the strip would be better. How was the weather like? Still warm or a bit cooler? Thanks for sharing the food pics. YUM!
Glad you had a great BF in Vegas!
~ juli

Colleen said...

I'm glad that you and your family had good time eating, going shopping, and spending time together. All the food looks super onolicious! You sure got a lot of good deals! How did you manage to pack everything to go home? Did you need to buy another suitcase?

Leanne said...

I will make sure I go to Island Sushi for food. Looks ono! Need to tell my parents too. Great pics Karen. I love staying in downtown more than the strip, too much traffic!
Great shopping too. Yay!!
:)