Friday, September 9, 2011

Sweet Ayako

Just inked up Ayako (1 of 4 new images from Sister Stamps - Release #2) the other day and finished this card last night. Isn't she sweet? I'm totally loving the washi paper too. This one is from Island Scrapbooking. Put the two together and it's just perfect for an Asian theme. My friend Marcia gave me a card with a pocket a while ago and I thought it would be perfect to feature Ayako.

The hole for the pocket is made by using the word punch by Stampin' Up. I needed to mark the backside of the lavendar cardstock and punch it twice to get the width that I wanted.
Pull the tab and out comes a card that you can write your message on. BTW, the characters mean "Arigato", thank you in Japanese. It's by Mari & Me.

Hmmm, maybe I'll use this idea to make my Christmas cards to send to family and friends. I only need to make 45. Yikes. But I'm still getting wishy-washy. Ha-ha.

Other supplies used:

Copics

Tab punch by Stampin' Up


Thanks for popping in for a visit. Hope you all have a FABULOUS weekend.

8 comments:

CHARLOTTE said...

The washi paper and Ayako are a perfect match - love your card, Karen.

Lynn said...

Just got my Sister Stamps and I'm looking forward to using them. You did a superb job with the Ayako stamp. Love, love, love your color and paper choices. You are so crafty!

coops said...

gorgeous card karen.such a sweet image and your colours are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

SuiLan said...

Adorable card of Ayoko...love all the purple!

eunice said...

What a neat idea for a pocket card! Love how you embossed and colored up Ayako for this sweet card...and such pretty washi paper too! Very nice how you used the washi for your pull tab to match and your "arigato" on the inside!

Cyndi said...

love your pocket card using the new image! cute! and love the purple!

kris said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! i just LOVE the paper you used behind Ayako!! now that's something i would hoard.... heheh!

leilei said...

beautiful card! I just got a chance to pick up my Nobu and Ayako stamps. Now that my daughters party is over, I hope to get some scrapping in before the baby arrives!
TFS
Lei