Friday, August 26, 2016

July/August Secret Sister Swap

Our theme for the July/August Secret Sister Swap was "boys."  That's usually a challenge for me because I love to make cutsie cards.  Then the light bulb went on....yah....gotta use Yoichi by Sister Stamps.  So I came up with this card for for Cyndi.   As you can tell, I'm not great with cameras....so sorry, the pix is a bit overexposed.  Oops, forgot to take pix of the RAK I sent to her too....dang.  :-)

Supplies:
"Woodland Branch" by Memory Box
"Pebbles" image by C.C. Desin
Birds from "Misaki" set by Sister Stamps (my favorite bird images)
Copics
Sakura stickers from Japan

My blog pal Colleen was my secret sister and she made this cool card.  So cute yah?   


I LOVE the RAK she sent too.  Super cute image by C.C. Design, pretty note cards, and Rice Ball Shaker.  Can't wait to use it once our kitchen is done... just a few more weeks.  Yay.   THANK YOU SO MUCH COLLEEN.  Don't forget to hop over to her blog here to see her creations, yummy foodie pix, and her travels.
Thanks for stopping by and have a super crafty weekend.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

The taiko drummer never looked better! I have the stamp but never came up with a suitable scene. I really like what you did with the image. The background is perfect....doesn't detract from the boy. Thanks for sharing and inspiring me again.

Deloris said...

Love your sweet card! That image is adorable!

Shirley N said...

This card is so adorable Karen, I LOVE it! The scene is perfect and your coloring is beautiful. Great job!

Colleen said...

I am glad that you were my Secret Sister for July/August. For me it is always more fun swapping with someone that you know. It was a bit of a challenge for me too to make a card with the "boys" theme. (It did not look like it was a challenge for you at all. As usual you still did a super job on your card.) I recently received the turtle set from a friend and thought it would be fun to make you a card with it. I am glad that you like the card that I made for you. I look forward to seeing what you will be making using the CC Designs stamp that I gave to you. Have fun using the rice ball shaker when your kitchen is done. Have a great weekend!

eunice said...

I love how your taiko boy card turned out! I am always in awe of your amazing talent of putting together different stamps and die cuts to fit and match together so well. I especially like the way you used the pebbles stamp for the taiko boy to stand on and the branches with the sticker flowers...looks SO GOOD together!!!