Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Happy Birthday Cuz

Last month was my cuz's b/d.  Using the pagoda die by La-la Land she got me for my b/d, I made her this card.    Here's Yoichi by Sister Stamps (Release 12) drumming his Taiko drums in the beautiful outdoors.   The pagoda really adds to the Asian theme.  I LOVE IT!!! My cuz is a true bird lover so I knew I had to add birds to her card.   Can you see the two little bluebirds holding the ends of the pennants?


Other fun item used for this card:
Rocks image by Hero Arts
Copics
"Simple Banner" by Poppy Stamps from Island Scrapbooking
Sun die by Hero Arts
Birds by Lawn Fawn which I colored with copies and fussy cut
Embossing folder by Cuttlebug

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Let's Created Challenge - "Challenge 74 - Anything Goes"
Papertake Weekly Challenge - "Old, Borrowed, or Blue" (OLD-rock stamp and BLUE sky)
Loves Rubberstamps - "Use a Hoarded Item" (Rock stamp)
Yumi and Fumi - "Card for Any Celebration"

Thanks so much for stopping by.   Please come again soon for another post featuring Sister Stamps.
A Hui Hou!

16 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute card Karen and I love the pagoda die-a great b'day card for your cuz

sue w. said...

Hi Karen, this is just wonderful, I love the scene you have created and the birds are perfect. Bet she loved it.
Hugs Sue W.

coops said...

so gorgeous Karen.really love your colours and adorable image :D

xx coops xx

Mary J said...

So adorable Karen! Love the layout!

Anonymous said...

So cool! I just love the scenes you create with your cards!

Leanne said...

Oh I love this scene!! Your cousin is going to love it!!
You should enter it in to the Y&FH challenge. It totally works!
:D
xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What an adorable card Karen! I love that image how cute and love the scene you have created! Susan x

Unknown said...

Such a cute card, love it. Thanks for sharing it with us over at Let's Craft and Create.

Leanne said...

Yay!! So glad you linked up your card with us at Y&FH! Good luck!
:D
xx

Shirley N said...

Wow Karen, I love the scene you created. Beautiful card!!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh I love the rocks image, I would hang on and hoard that one too, in fact, I think I might have to go looking for that one, lol. Adorable image and I do love you die as well. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!

Colleen said...

What a beautiful scene with Yoichi playing the toiko drums. I always love all the detail that you put into all your cards.

Anonymous said...

Nice job on this card. Haven't used the La-La die yet but just got it. The banner is cute.

eva said...

yup, that die and image go together so perfectly! thanks so much for joining the challenge at yumi and fumi handmade!

Dangina Martinez said...

What a pretty card. I'm sure it will be much appreciated. That is an awesome die. Where did you find it?
Thanks for joining in the fun at Loves Rubber Stamps and hope to have you again real soon. Good Luck and Tons of Hugs, Dangina

eunice said...

I am totally enjoying all the fabulous cards you've come up with using Sister Stamps images. Really like this one a lot, everything about it reminds me of Obon season. Just love how you use diecuts and stamped images and make them look so good together...wonderful!