Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Cutie CAS Birthday Card and Meet Our Pups

Hope you're all having a wonderful week.  

Does this image look familiar?  I used it for a few of my Christmas cards but altered the wagon portion by using an image with gifts in place of the flowers and kitty.   Here's the original image by Whipper Snapper Design which I got at Cute Stuff in Honolulu.

I also used Copics, Spellbinder dies, distress ink, sentiment by Dandelion Designs, "Simple Banner" die by Memory Box, twine, and rhinestones by Elements.

About a month ago, our son decided he wanted "a" (I repeat "a") puppy so he checked the website for the Humane Society and found a cutie which was at the Kona location (100 miles from home).   Not wanting to make that long drive, we took a chance and decided to adopt her.  So hubby went to the Keaau location to pay for her and the fee to have her transported to the Keaau location.  At that time he was informed it's BUY 1 GET 1 FREE.   OMG, then one became TWO puppies.  Our "bonus" pup is from the same litter.  They were 12 weeks old when we adopted them.   We're so glad they instantly got along very well with Buddy, our 3 year old dog.  Brees (pronounced Breeze) is a slipper snatcher and "Ratty" is very affectionate but can be a little trouble maker in a cute way.  OMG, do I dare tell you what Ratty's real name is?   OK, OK, I'll tell ya.  Our son said she looks like a rat and a kangaroo so he named her Rataroo.  I thought he was joking but he stuck to that name.  Poor baby.  Hee-hee.
Thanks for stopping by.  Happy Aloha Friday and hope you have a fun and very crafty weekend.


9 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful card,love the fabulous image and gorgeous colours.xxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Aloha Friday. Your kitty card is very sweet. And, your puppies...oh my gosh, what cute babies! Rataroo is a great name!

Deloris said...

Your card is very cute and your pups are adorable too! So glad you adopted them from a shelter. We did that too and our poodle has brought so much joy into our lives. He makes me smile or laugh every day.

Colleen said...

Happy Friday evening Karen! The b-day card you made is so cute. I love Whipper Snapper stamps. I don't think I have this one though. I never thought that the little girl's wagon could be so versatile. :)

The two additions to your family are very cute too. I am glad that they get along with your other dog. Love the names that they have.

Have a great weekend!

Cyndi said...

Very sweet bday card! Love the cute image and your son's new puppies are so cute!

Unknown said...

This is so sweet Karen, adorable image and just pretty colours :) .. ha ha love the name of your new dog :)

eunice said...

Aww...cute card! So clever of you to get xtra milege on your stamps by altering them.
And...awwww....CUTE puppies!

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Love the banner.

Amanda Smith said...

Name for the dog as a rat? Interesting approach. For me, the rats are pests that are not too pleasant to deal with. People like my mother do not like the rats and even use Everpest repellers to avoid them even on the street. So it is very strange for me.