Friday, July 8, 2011

A Flower for Linda

Hooray, it's Friday!!! I'm hoping to get some crafting done this weekend. Hope you'll be able to also.

Coincidentally, Linda was my Secret Sister for June and I'm hers for July. The theme for this month is "flower" so I thought it'd be perfect to use my new Flower 3-D Flip Up die by Sizzix which I got at Ben Franklin recently. I must admit that I had several "HUH???" moments trying to figure out the instructions that were enclosed. Luckily, a website was noted on the instructions which I hopped onto and WOW, the tutorial was excellent. If you happen to have a die and can't understand the instructions or perhaps missing instructions for a die you may have inherited from someone, you must visit http://karenburniston.typepad.com/ There's a bunch of tutorials on that site. GREAT DISCOVERY!!!

Here's the fun part....when you pull the stem down, the flower opens up. Isn't that cute?




Other supplies: grass and butterfly punches by Martha Stewart, blue dotted DP by K & Company, "thank you" stamp by Stampendous, flower and snail puffy stickers by Sticko, pearls by Kaiser Craft and smile stickers in the center of the flowers....sorry, I tossed the pkg. so I'm not sure of the brand.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a Scrap Happy weekend. :-)

6 comments:

leilei said...

Very beautiful. I love action cards hehe!
.Lei..

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh how cute the sizzix die - like the sentiment flowing with the butterfly... I'm sure Linda will appreciate this fine masterpiece you did.
Great job MF!
Happy weekend :)

Mimi said...

How cute is that!! I'm sure Linda's gonna love this adorable card. Have a great weekend! ;)

Cheryl said...

Cute Karen! I did a make & take with this die last month and yes, it takes awhile to understand until you get it going.

coops said...

gorgeous card karen.i love the way the flower opens out and fab bright colours :D

xx coops xx

eunice said...

Love this pop up flower die...so cool how it pops open! Love the bright and cheery colors you selected...lucky, lucky Linda!