Sunday, June 19, 2011

With Deepest Sympathy

Hope you all had a great weekend that included time to craft.

I ended up spending a couple of hours reorganizing my craft area. It was "tornado-struck" again. Guess I was procrastinating making a card today since I had to make a sympathy card. Like many of you, it's the hardest kind to make because it's never a happy event.

Our friend lost her husband a week ago. He was only 62...so young. I thought using my crane image would be nice since it signifies strength.



I lined the inside with vellum paper. Also, taped the vellum to the card with a special double-sided tape so it would show through. It's by Scotch. The image was inked with Brilliance and it took about 30 minutes to dry in our "damp" environment.

The crane stamp is by Curtis' Collection, "With Sympathy" and the sentiment inside are by Hero Arts, Distress Ink, and gold embossing powder by Stamp n Stuff.


Hope you all have a super great week. :-)




6 comments:

Jenny said...

Guess I never thought about putting a crane on a sympathy card- I like it! Try using your heat gun (if you have one) to dry the ink quicker- that works for me in this damp climate!

coops said...

beautiful card for such a sad time.

xx coops xx

Creations by Shirl said...

Beautiful card Karen ~
Inspite it's for a difficult occasion. Luv how the crane symbolizes strength and how it interacts with the whole outline of the card.
Lovely to receive.
Happy Monday :-)

CHARLOTTE said...

Beautiful card, Karen. Yes, I love the crane on the sympathy card - thanks for enabling us.

kris said...

Wow!! i love the simplicity of this card!! always hard to make sympathy cards, i try to avoid them if i can, but you did a faulous job on this and have given me a different aspect to creating these!!

Shirley N said...

It's never easy making sympathy cards but you did a beautiful job Karen!