Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"My Sweetie"

I've been seeing a lot of awesome Valentine's Day cards while blog hopping and love is definitely in the air.

I got this cute DP by Bo Bunny at Island Scrapbooking a few weeks ago. Just couldn't resist it.
The Precious Moments image is an "oldie but goodie" that I'll keep forever. Sweet yah? They just never get "old." OK, can you tell, I'll REALLY hooked on stitching my cards. I just wish I didn't have to haul it out of the closet everytime I need to use it. I need a craft room real bad for sure.....dream on.

To give my card more dimension, I used pop dots under the pink piece but I don't think it's very noticable in the pix. Woo-hoo, sure had a lot of fun making this card.

I'm entering this card in the Wild Orchids Challenge "Anything Goes." How fun!!!!


Other supplies: Spellbinder die (Label Eighteen), leaf punch by Punch Bunch, Flowers by Wild Orchids, butterfly punch by EK, "My Sweetie" sticker by K & Co., pearls by Kaiser Crafts, Distress Ink, ribbon, and charm (sorry, I tossed the label).

Thanks again for stopping by. Have a Scrap Happy Day and a crafty one too.

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

Such a sweet card Karen! I have several sewing machines and I never use it because I would have to do the same thing like you and haul it out. Yuk! But the stitching sure adds a nice touch to your card!

Dora said...

O wow this is beautiful, love the colours and yes, I understand you about the papers, happened to me too he he :)

Handmade Cuties said...

This is really sweet. I love the stitching, the ribbon, flower, charm embellishments and...oh heck, I love this sweet card!

coops said...

gorgeous card karen.i love the sweet image and your papers and design are stunning :D

xx coops xx

Danni said...

This is so sweet and just precious!

sweet said...

Gorgeous card Karen! Love the stitching!

Cyndi said...

beautiful card! love the image and all the details! great vday card!

kris said...

awwwwww, i LOVE this!! love precious moments, they are adorable! fanciful layout and i love your nesties... hmm, might have to add that to the wishlist... =)

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow finally I could get through, I finally figured out how to get to the blogger's that I can comment on... Any way awesome card, precious moments are always my fave but now I found so much newer character's I just can't get enough of all them...LOL!!!!

Colleen said...

What an pretty card. Love the stitching around your card and the stamp image. The stamp you used is a perfect one for Valentine's Day I love precious moments. I think I have that stamp in my stash too. I need to still finish up some Winter cards before I start on my Valentine's Day ones. Yes, I am a little behind. :)

Chelsea said...

Love the sewing on the card Karen and the image is the sweetest ever! Just Beautiful.

Hugs and Love.

Cely said...

very very pretty! my husband bought me a craft sewing machine... but i have no idea how to use it! LOL! it's just collecting dust. :(

Angela said...

The image you used is so precious. Love the sewing.
Hugs:)
Angela

Bev said...

Such a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at WOC this week.

Please consider removing comment verification and enabling comment moderation